You are never too old for braces! In fact, the American Association of Orthodontists states that one in five orthodontic patients are over 21, and 25% of Warren Orthdontics patients are adults with braces or Invisalign.
Types of Treatment for Adults
When you were a kid, the only orthodontic treatment available may have been braces with silver brackets and wires. And while many adults proudly go the traditional braces route, there are a lot more options available today.
- Silver braces: Still the most affordable and comprehensive treatment available, these braces are worn by kids and adults alike.
- Ceramic braces: For the same functionality as silver braces but a more discreet treatment, ceramic brackets that blend into the enamel are used in place of metal ones on the top teeth.
- Mascot Braces: Are you a diehard BYU or Ute fan? These braces offer the same treatment as regular braces but have brackets shaped to support your favorite team.
- Invisalign: Available in Full, Lite, or Express for adults, Invisalign is an almost invisible way to improve your smile. A series of removable clear aligners gently move your teeth into their proper positions.
Reasons for Getting Braces as an Adult
Most patients know straighter teeth can boost their self-esteem and give them a reason to smile, but properly aligned teeth can help to improve your oral health and function as well. Orthodontic treatment can help you avoid:
- severe tooth decay
- gum and bone loss
- TMJ/TMD (jaw) pain
- irregular wear of the tooth enamel
Having your teeth positioned correctly also makes it easier to effectively brush and floss, which is extremely important not just to your teeth, but your overall health.
To learn more about the benefits and cost of adult orthodontic treatment, call (801) 489-7878 to schedule a free consultation today. We look forward to helping you achieve a straighter, healthier smile!