If you wear braces it is important to remember that they must be cleaned every day and maintained regularly. It is an essential part of your treatment. Here are some pointers for keeping your braces in top shape.
– Be sure to brush your teeth slowly and carefully to avoid damaging any part of your braces.
– Keep your appointments with your orthodontist and dentist, and follow their instructions.
– If you find that dental floss is difficult to use, try switching to a different interdental cleaner such as a water flosser or an air flosser.
– Restrictions on your diet are often necessary to prevent food from damaging your braces or getting lodged in your teeth.
– Clean rinse your retainer and any removable parts as directed by the doctor.
– If your braces become damaged, never try to fix them yourself, as doing so can potentially cause serious damage.
If you are ready to take the next step toward a new smile with braces, make an appointment with Warren Orthodontics at our office in Springville, Utah. Dr. Casey Warren and the rest of our team can be reached at 801-489-7878. Come see us, and let us show you the benefits of a great smile!